12 August 2017

Expanding my Corner

I have decided that it's time to start trying to grow my little media empire (ha!). This decision was motivated by several factors. One of these factors is the fact that PinkFae appears to be defunct. This makes me sad, but such is life. More importantly, there is the fact that only the first two to four paragraphs of the six most recent articles are accessible at all. I don't want all that writing to be lost, so I'm seriously considering reposting those articles here.

Furthermore, I had an idea some years back. I've been active in my local chapter of PFLAG for some time, and one day, I was wearing a PFLAG shirt which featured some rainbow-coloured stick figures. A friend saw that and told me, 'For a second, I thought those were meeples, and I was about to ask where I could get a shirt like that.' Well, such an idea can't go unexplored! So I threw together a design and tried to get some organisations to use the idea.

Well, nobody would. So I decided, 'screw it, I'm going to do it myself.' So I've created a more advanced Game Dork brand, and have created a store on cafepress where I am selling shirts with these designs.
There are four designs available right now. The basic version consists of three rainbow meeples holding hands with two blue meeples. This represents solidarity between the geek community and the LGBTQ+ community. It includes a slogan: 'Everyone is welcome at the gaming table!'

The second design replaces one of the rainbow meeples with a meeple in the pattern of the bisexual pride flag. This is for those who want to emphasise their association with the bi community. It is otherwise the same.

The third design replaces the rainbow flag on one meeple with the transgender flag. The fourth design has one rainbow meeple, one bi meeple, and one trans meeple.

If anyone wants a design that includes one of the other flags (such as the Asexual Aces flag or the Pansexual flag), I will be happy to create one for you. Simply describe your request in the 'Contact Me' form in the sidebar to the right. Please note, if you are viewing this blog on a mobile browser, such as a phone, you won't be able to see the sidebar unless you click on the 'view web version' link at the bottom of the page.

All designs are available in versions for both dark or light coloured fabrics (although they work best on white, black, or grey, due to the colours involved in creating the meeples). If I get any feedback from my readers requesting it, I may create more designs as well. Maybe some shirts with the new logo? I'm open to suggestions.

The letters G and D pressed together to form a circle. In front of this is a blue meeple and a yellow eight-sided die.
Speaking of the new logo, I have created a new logo for this site, which is displayed at right. As much as I like the game dork horns on the D100, it doesn't really work as a logo, especially if I'm going to expect anyone to take this site seriously.

I also plan to make equality and inclusivity more of a focus of this site. Since PinkFae doesn't look like it's going to be functional again, at least for some time, I'd like to ensure that the gaming community doesn't lose a voice for inclusion.

Finally, I'm contemplating making some 'how to play' videos. Maybe I'll work on that at some point in the future and try a test run to see what people think.

Anyway, that's what's going on around here. Please offer any feedback, either via the comments section or through the aforementioned 'Contact Me' form in the sidebar.

So, that's it for now! I'll see you back here next week! Have fun playing out there in the world, and whatever life may deal you from its deck of cruel fate cards, always remember to

Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll be along soon to make sure your comment isn't spam. Until then, just sit tight! Unless your comment IS spam, in which case, bugger off.